Activision revealed first details of Call of Duty Elite over the weekend. They’re not stopping at this pace. They really want you to be reminded of Black Ops 2. The newest trailer shows off Black Ops 2′s various action-packed scenes, most of which we have not seen thus far. The trailer has a lot of chaos going on at once, and it’s looking really, really intense. Enjoy the newest Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trailer…
Since the reveal trailer of Call of Duty Black Ops 2, much of the story has been kept in the dark. What we knew, was that you will be thrust into a civil war between China, and United States on the streets of Los Angeles. But what about the plot? What is Black Ops 2 all about? Activision released a new trailer to give you an idea of what to expect from Black Ops 2. Meet the man that stole the keys in Call of Duty. Unlocking an Armageddon on satellites all around the world.
Here’s what we know so far; we know that “The Future is Black.” is the major theme of the entire game. There are blackouts all over the world in Black Ops 2. It’s been hinted at for a while now, by experts that this is the reality that’s going to happen at some point. See for yourself…
This video was released a few months ago, and I have been waiting for the right time to use it. This is it.
Other stuff found in the trailer are:
- Adrenaline pushing storyline is the theme.
- Cordis Die is the enemy faction in Black Ops 2, the country of origin that started this international war is Nicaragua.
- Raul Menendez is the leader of Cordis Die, apparently.
- Cordis Die is hailed as the messiah of the 99%.
- David S. Goyer the co-writer of the upcoming Batman movie titled “The Dark Knight Rises” is doing the story in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
- Trent Reznor, the award winning composer is doing the musical score in Black Ops 2.
- Woods looks like he’s moping around and sinking in his sorrows of some kind of calamity in his life.
- One of the major “turning points” in the game is going to take place in the Vault, when someone pays a visit to Sgt. Woods.
- Pre-Order Black Ops 2 today, and get the NukeTown Bonus DLC Map.
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is set to release for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC this November.
At Microsoft’s E32012 press conference, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 took center stage, and was presented by Microsoft’s President of Interactive Entertainment Business Don Mattric. As reported before, Black Ops 2 takes place in the future, specifically in the year 2025. Although the game’s setting takes place in the future, the single player campaign also features settings taking place in the 1980′s only to give some kind of backstory. Well, Black Ops 2′s single player mode was presented at Microsoft’s conference with a lot of cool gameplay.
Here’s what we know so far:
- You’re sitting next to the president of the United States. It’s a woman.
- You’re about to be deployed to the heart of the Civil War between U.S. and China.
- Only to be hit with a surprise attack on the bridge earlier than expected.
- The location is indeed downtown Los Angeles, the SAME area as L.A. convention center the primary home of E3.
- This operation is codenamed “Section” but Project P.O.T.M.S is probably the name of the Squad and/or P.M.C being sent to this mission, or is the name of the mission.
- It’s confirmed that you will be using your Mobile PDA to track where you need to go.
- More adrenaline-pressured battles; enemies and aircraft will attempt to kill you first thing you get out of your Humvee. I have a feeling the game will crank up difficulty level as time rolls on.
- In exchange, your single-player vehicles will help you through the game, such as the future tanks that will launch more than one missile at a time; lock on, and load!
- A new sniper rifle from the future is revealed, and it will be able to show you the enemies in bright white color, and it will allow you to shoot through walls, cars, and what have you.
- The sniper rifle’s reload speed is slow and it tells you when it’s ready on the right side HUD.
- “In interest of time” returns, and it moves you into the ground this time.
- Not only are the environments refreshingly new, it’s very detailed. I see a lot of creativity from Treyarch in here.
- Your mobile PDA can tell the quadrotor to attack in front of you, as it emits a blue light to signal where to attack.
- Then, for a bit, you’re at a scene where the building collaspses in front of you and you can barely see. Until you see an aircraft; you can use it!
- You’re to protect your P.M.C troops, and whoever else is considered “Collateral Damage.”
- Then you’re treated to some enemies who are in their own aircrafts, and you chase them.
- Demo comes to an abrupt end.
- DLC is going to Xbox Live first as usual. [source]
After months, and months of rumors and speculation, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is official. The game was leaked early Monday morning across many gaming websites on the internet. So far there were a trio of leaked Black Ops screenshots, and Black Ops 2 box art for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360. Activision also revealed Black Ops 2 on live television during the NBA playoffs on TNT. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will release on November 13th, 2012.
First things first, this is what you’ll see when you finally get your hands on it this November:
Great! What do we know so far!?
The first killstreak was revealed to be a Quadrotor. FPSRussia did a video to show off a prototype Quadrotor, which isn’t on the market until at least 10 to 20 years from now. What it does and how it controls are viewable below…
The game’s setting is obviously in the future. The game takes place in 2025, a 21st century Cold War has erupted. Black Ops 2 thursts you into a new world where technology and weapons creates a new generation of warfare. Black Ops 2 has robotic tanks that are now a heavy focus. [Image] Most likely to be one of Black Ops 2′s killstreaks. That’s not all, there are a lot of futuristic aircrafts shown in this reveal trailer. One of the scenes shows an interface where you’re actually inside the aircraft. It’s possibly another killstreak. Enjoy the trailer…
- Frank Woods was a Sergeant in the United States Marines.
- Mr. Woods is obviously highly decorated in the Marines.
- Mr. Woods is wrinkly and old now, and is talking to someone. [Update: Possibly his son.]
- Mr. Woods says he expected that technology would grow strong, and that we as people are weak.
- What happens if someone steals the keys to our unmanned weapons? That’s the question posed by Mr. Woods.
- The enemy can be anywhere, and it could be anyone. That’s the theme in Black Ops 2.
- The game also seems to take place on American soil, other scenes seems to take place in other countries.
- You ride a horse in the campaign, possibly to be safe from unmanned control.
- Black Ops 2′s marketing slogan is “The future is Black.”
- Quadrotor – Possible Killstreak
- Robotic Tanks [they're called CLAW tanks] – Possible Killstreak
- Futuristic Aircraft[s] – Possible Killstreak
- Compact, Mobile turrets – Possible Killstreak
- Futuristic Helicopters – Possible Killstreak
- Futuristic Predator Drones – Possible Killstreak
- Futuristic Drone Aircrafts – Possible Killstreak
What locations have been revealed?
- Africa, July 23, 1986
- Afghanistan, October 23, 1987
- Panama, December 19, 1989
- Yemen, October 23, 2022
- Africa, July 23, 2025
- A British Indian territory, July 25, 2025
- Los Angeles, California in the year 2025
- Hong Kong, China in the year 2025
- A new game mode has been revealed, and it’s called Strike Force.
- Strike Force will alter your story in Black Ops and vice versa.
- The goal of Strike Force is to make the game non-linear than previous games in the series.
- Strike Force is more or less a sandbox mode.
- You can control a squad or battalion.
What about Zombies?
- Zombies will make a return in Black Ops 2, but we have no idea which period it’s going to take place.
- Treyarch is being really ambitious with Zombies. There will be more zombies, and more modes.
- Zombies will be strapped onto the multiplayer engine.
- Treyarch is trying to take a “one size does not fit all” approach to multiplayer.
- The entire multiplayer experience will take place in 2025, none will take place in the 80′s.
- They’re changing a lot of things to shake up the Call of Duty formula.
We’ll have more soon. Activision is holding an investor call next tuesday, May 9th.