First details of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
After months, and months of rumors and speculation, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is official. The game was leaked early Monday morning across many gaming websites on the internet. So far there were a trio of leaked Black Ops screenshots, and Black Ops 2 box art for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360. Activision also revealed Black Ops 2 on live television during the NBA playoffs on TNT. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will release on November 13th, 2012.
First things first, this is what you’ll see when you finally get your hands on it this November:
Great! What do we know so far!?
The first killstreak was revealed to be a Quadrotor. FPSRussia did a video to show off a prototype Quadrotor, which isn’t on the market until at least 10 to 20 years from now. What it does and how it controls are viewable below…
The game’s setting is obviously in the future. The game takes place in 2025, a 21st century Cold War has erupted. Black Ops 2 thursts you into a new world where technology and weapons creates a new generation of warfare. Black Ops 2 has robotic tanks that are now a heavy focus. [Image] Most likely to be one of Black Ops 2′s killstreaks. That’s not all, there are a lot of futuristic aircrafts shown in this reveal trailer. One of the scenes shows an interface where you’re actually inside the aircraft. It’s possibly another killstreak. Enjoy the trailer…
- Frank Woods was a Sergeant in the United States Marines.
- Mr. Woods is obviously highly decorated in the Marines.
- Mr. Woods is wrinkly and old now, and is talking to someone. [Update: Possibly his son.]
- Mr. Woods says he expected that technology would grow strong, and that we as people are weak.
- What happens if someone steals the keys to our unmanned weapons? That’s the question posed by Mr. Woods.
- The enemy can be anywhere, and it could be anyone. That’s the theme in Black Ops 2.
- The game also seems to take place on American soil, other scenes seems to take place in other countries.
- You ride a horse in the campaign, possibly to be safe from unmanned control.
- Black Ops 2′s marketing slogan is “The future is Black.”
- Quadrotor – Possible Killstreak
- Robotic Tanks [they're called CLAW tanks] – Possible Killstreak
- Futuristic Aircraft[s] – Possible Killstreak
- Compact, Mobile turrets – Possible Killstreak
- Futuristic Helicopters – Possible Killstreak
- Futuristic Predator Drones – Possible Killstreak
- Futuristic Drone Aircrafts – Possible Killstreak
What locations have been revealed?
- Africa, July 23, 1986
- Afghanistan, October 23, 1987
- Panama, December 19, 1989
- Yemen, October 23, 2022
- Africa, July 23, 2025
- A British Indian territory, July 25, 2025
- Los Angeles, California in the year 2025
- Hong Kong, China in the year 2025
- A new game mode has been revealed, and it’s called Strike Force.
- Strike Force will alter your story in Black Ops and vice versa.
- The goal of Strike Force is to make the game non-linear than previous games in the series.
- Strike Force is more or less a sandbox mode.
- You can control a squad or battalion.
What about Zombies?
- Zombies will make a return in Black Ops 2, but we have no idea which period it’s going to take place.
- Treyarch is being really ambitious with Zombies. There will be more zombies, and more modes.
- Zombies will be strapped onto the multiplayer engine.
- Treyarch is trying to take a “one size does not fit all” approach to multiplayer.
- The entire multiplayer experience will take place in 2025, none will take place in the 80′s.
- They’re changing a lot of things to shake up the Call of Duty formula.
We’ll have more soon. Activision is holding an investor call next tuesday, May 9th.